Book 11, 2018 Edition.
Book 12, 2018 Edition.
The books cover half of Stage 5 (Years 3 & 4).
Books 11-12 Set Bound Hard Copy 2018 Edition
Books 11, 12, 13 and 14 cover the 32 learning intentions for children aged about 7 to 9 years old.
At this level, children have begun to recognize that numbers can be treated as wholes or be partitioned (broken up) and recombined. This is called part-whole thinking. They can derive results from known facts, such as solving addition problems by using doubles or teens, e.g., 7 + 8: 7 + 7 = 14, so 7 + 8 = 15. They can recognize any number up to 1,000. They use hundreds, tens and ones for 3-digit problems. They can count forwards and backwards from 1,000 in ones, twos, threes, fives or tens. They should know their two, five and ten times tables and the matching division. They solve fractions by adding, e.g., ⅓ of 12 is 4 because 4 + 4 + 4 = 12.
The learning intentions covered in this book are:
- Able to use doubles of teens to solve +/- within 20
- Able to understand equality
- Able to use standard partitioning to add 2-digit numbers
- Able to use tidy numbers to add 2-digit numbers
- Able to use compensation to add 2-digit numbers
- Able to use difference to subtract 2-digit numbers
- Able to use standard partitioning to subtract 2-digit numbers
- Able to use the combination of notes and coins
- Able to give change
- Able to solve problems involving money