Get the three Fractions Subject Area books in one package and get a 20% built-in discount!
The books cover the fractions learning intentions from the Linear Series (Books 1-20).
- Level 1 Fractions
- Level 2 Fractions
- Level 3 Fractions
Fractions Set Printed Hard Copy
Level 1 Fractions covers the fractions only learning intentions from the Linear Series for children aged about 5 to 7 years old.
At this level, students are starting to understand that numbers can be thought of as “wholes” and be divided (or “cut into”) several parts. They are learning their doubles and halves to 20 and are beginning to recognise the common unit fractions ½, ⅓, ¼ and ⅕. At this level, students will need reminding that fractions are equal parts of a whole.
The learning intentions covered in this book are:
- Able to recognise symbols for half and quarter
- Able to find halves and quarters of shapes (early)
- Able to find halves and quarters of sets
- Able to find halves and quarters of shapes (advanced)
- Able to find half or quarter of a set using doubles
- Able to recognise symbols for third and fifth
- Able to find thirds and fifths of shapes
- Able to recognise wholes with fractions left over